Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Temporary Unlock

One can Unlock and object (and create keystrokes to do this) One can Lock and object (and create keystrokes to do this) One can Unlock All (and create keystrokes to do this) These tools are great when working with existing buildings, because we can l...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows and doors with Headers

I wish that window and door objects included headers. It would be so easy to add headers to window objects so that headers showed up in window and door sections. Sizing in these headers could be done previously and saved as a favorite or embeded into...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DWG export automatically building elements to right layers

It feels outdated to work with layers to follow the ISO standards. Actually a smart exporter would export all objects to right layers based on its properties (structural, composite, IFc and/or renovation status...) Like in Revit. We would then be abl...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Publish .svg

A wish: To be able to publish svg-files for Inkscape straight from Archicad.

Improved Layer System

Hello everyone, after working on a few mid size, but very complex projects, I feel the need of having some more power in the layers in general. Because I did not wanted to make a wish for each one I rather put this as one wish of improving the layers...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Export single-plane simplified models

Interoperability amongst BIM tools is obviously the goal in the OpenBIM movement. However, just exporting geometry to another application isn't enough if the format is not optimized. Many tools, like Sketchup and eQuest, operate best with simplified ...

Da3dalus by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Navigator Preview Zooming. Esp. with Scroll/Center mouse btn

I wish the Navigator Preview had scroll button zooming capability. I would like to use this pallet however since one cannot zoom in (it always shows the whole model area), it is very difficult to get accurate alignments. If we could zoom in and out I...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Let Users Provide Instructive Content To Program Itself

I think there should be a pallet/menu/info box (it could be called an "advice box") that users could open that would provide helpful information throughout the process of working with ArchiCAD. I believe this helpful information could come from the u...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Label leader alignment

This may seem picky but for consistency, I can't seem to have the leader in the center of the frame for vertical label [B2] the same way as it would,by default, for horizontal label [B1] ?

Llian by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Show anchor point on objects (esp. Windows and Doors)

When we adjust a door size we usually want one side of the door to remain anchored to a fixed distance from the hinge of the door, so that the framing remains a fixed distance from the adjacent wall. In a compact home for example we may have that fix...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes