Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Calculation function documentation

This is not as much a wish as simple feedback to GS from stats I find interesting. The ability to understand the calc functionality, or lack there of, has been addressed many times, so I am not trying to re-addressing it now. While someone has recent...

Core Only Display PLEASE!!

I know this is old news but I must bring it up again. Why do we not have a core only display option for composites? I often end up duplicating my walls for use in my structural plans because I don't want to clutter up my drawing with insulation, stuc...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Grid Tool to generate S/E/IE/Detail/Worksheet Windows

We have the Grid Tool by which we can place a Grid on the Floor Plan or in Sections etc. It would be nice to have the added intelligence (and interface) fro the Grid Tool to show the Grid in Sections/Elevations/(Interior Elevations if necessary)/Deta...

Spell checker that works with CAPITALS

Spell checker needs to work with notes that are in capital letters. Currently, ArchiCAD assumes any word that is all caps = some kind of acronym. Many practices use only capiltal letters in all annotation , so this is quite important!

Wall filliting & chamfering

We need a way to fillet & chamfer walls at corners such that outer radius of fillet can be less than width of wall For "organic" looking construction (stone, adobe etc), where corners are not razor sharp, a small fillet to corners is desirable, but c...

Polygonal walls

Currently it is impossible to create a closed walled structure out of polygonal walls - abbutting polygonal wall elements do not heal against each other in plan, and if user tries to make perimeter wall from a single polygon wrapping around space, th...

Boolen extrude direction

I really want ability to the extrude sideways, as well as upwards & downwards with boolean subraction. In fact extrusion at any angle. I can't begin to describe all the situations this would help in - but examples include eg pressing of coloured mort...

favorites

Favorites should be treated like an attribute, such as layers, so that they are not lost when you reset your work environment. Or, when you close out of your file, you should be asked if you want to save your favorites.

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multi-installation-aware installer

It's time for the Multi-installation-aware installer. Many users have several installations of Archicad on their machines. Much confusion possible, links to defaults and docs mixed up etc. The installer should take care of that, allowing separate def...

Hotlinks - Skipping Nested Modules BEFORE placing

We really should be given the option to check Skip Nested Modules before placing a Hotlink rather than having to go back to fix this once the Hotlink has been placed and the damage done (i.e unwanted attributes, etc from nested mods). actually a litt...

owen by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes