Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes forum

Forum Posts

Any tool similar to AutoCAD UCS

After using AutoCAD for few years , I'm coming back to ArchiCAD (using AC11).Is there any way to align my "screen-view" in model space to i.e. external walls , so that I don't have to work "in an angle". I'm sure there is a simple way to do this. Any...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Autotext - align the "preview" with the heading

When you enter the Project info the entered text is in line with the autotext heading chosen (obviously). When inserting autotext the preview is down the bottom?. I would like so see the preview shifted back inline with the autotext heading and be ab...

Project info.JPG

GDL should be able to reference all view options

It would nice for GDL be expanded to allow us to reference all Model View Option settings (the attached image depicts some that cannot currently be referenced). This would allow the creation of objects that respond to view settings consistent with th...

Erich by Newcomer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Boolean Operations

When you do a boolean operation it should be parametric just like the rest of the tools. For example if I use a light in a slab and remove the edge of the light from the slab it should show up as it is in 3d, with no slab where I removed it.

ares997 by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Visibility edges in elements

Recently I saw a number of suggestions that can be solved by one common method. This method is similar to the status codes in the GDL. I asked myself the question: "If this is possible in the GDL, then why do not function in non-library elements? It ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Direct Entry of Surveyor Data or Legal Description

Our firm develops accurate project site and right-of-way boundaries before a civil engineer is engaged. The local government agencies have GIS sites where previous and adjacent Tract Maps are available. Currently, ArchiCAD 12 allows lines to be enter...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

fix v12 doors & windows please

I don't know if other people have run into the same problem, but when we set v12 doors to simple 2d plan symbol it displays a door swing & opening based on the rough opening rather than the door opening. the drafting standards that we conventionaly u...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Full control of Xref names

I need to have full control of names of generated Xrefs while exporting from layout to DWG. AC12 provide a possibility to set the drawing title and herby controlling if the Xref should contain View ID/Name/Custom – but it will always be identical to ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Multistory hotlink - fine editing

It would be nice when you hotlink a multistory file to have the ability to see all stories in that file in a list like : [hotlink story nr] - [show on this model story] [rel. height] Then you easily could have a multistory hotlink without having the ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IGS / STP file format support

Attention developers! There seems to be a distinct lack of translation from the 'popular' IGS & STP file formats from SolidWorks etc.. to 3DS format (for import to ArchiCAD of course) There are a lot of plumbing & other manufacturers making their pro...

Start a new conversation!

Labels