Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

catalog of library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
In our office we often wish for a printed catalog of library parts, materials and fills. Library parts is the big one we want but the other would be nice as well.

The 7.0 books had a printed catalog of library parts. Why was this discontinued ?

Is there a way to print a catalog of library parts--there should be.

Thanks,
John
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's in the Help Menu - you can print it from there!

Are you SURE you don't want me to come over?!

Good luck mate.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,
You are good--bring extra sunscreen--you'll be here a while. There is a big swell here on the North Shore (15'-20' overhead) today so you better also bring your beach gear.

I am printing out a library catalog as I type. Next I'll probably print the whole manual just so that I have a hard copy for reference.

What I didn't see was a way to print all of the textures, materials and fills. Do you know of any way to do this?

For that matter it would be great if there is some utility that organizes libraries, textures, materials and fills with the ability to print to print and updated catalog of the current libraries.

Thanks of the tip.
John
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I don't think there's any automated way to do that, but I'll do it manually when I'm there. When should I book the tickets?;-)

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how you see all your fills/ materials. By coincidence I made this object only last week.

Hope its useful. Note I havent worked out when to stop counting materials so all the grey ones at the end should be ignored.

Maurice
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Looks pretty cool to me Maurice.

I see that you can view all the materials in the 3D window if you use OpenGL, but would you mind explaining what order the materials appear on the part - and can we check just a limited range of materials?

Also - by fills, are you referring to the 3D hatching, or is there another way to display the polygon fills in the floor plan window?

Thanks mate.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maurice S,
Do you have a way to automatically create the tiles or did you set the material one at a time?
Thanks,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the three questions:

1.Order the materials appear of the part.
If you go to Options/ Attribute manager/materials (icon) the materials are listed by number under the "#" field.

2. Limiting list of materials
I will look into it as I should be able interogate the material list and only display actual materials

3. Do you have a way to automatically create the tiles or did you set the material one at a time?
Its just a loop - draw a prism with material 1 to x and move x and y along to show the next tile.

Also atribute manager can print a list of materials - see extract below:

---- MATERIALS ----
index name red green blue file in use
1 Face brick 219 207 196 Ivory 903.bmp
2 Plaster, rough 149 147 132
3 Plaster, smooth 165 163 146 white901L.bmp
4 Concrete 108 108 96

63 SkyTone1 234 225 225 Sky_clouds_2.BMP
64 Ceramics Aud 231 217 184 Floor tiles 1.tif
65 Timber_Deck 202 199 179 ABTCO_04.bmp in use
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maurice S,
What is a loop? Have you been able to automate the process of creating the tiles?
John
schagemann
Enthusiast
hi guys,

thx for the tip where to find the library parts catalogue - exactly what i needed.

however, does anyone know how i can print the html based catalogue on a mac without having to print it page by page seperately? i wonder why graphisoft does not simply include a pdf version...

daniel.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.