Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

changing the project elevation raises all in section views

Aussie John
Newcomer
I dont know about you, but many times I have created all the internal elevations of a building and then had to raise the project level.
I have to go back to the elevations and "raise " all the notes lines and fills manually ( trying not to accidently raise a 3D object at the same time).
Surely there is never an instance where you would want any of the added items to stay at the same RL.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
6 REPLIES 6
Dave Jochum
Advocate
I've never encountered this situation. I'm not sure this one is a no-brainer, though, as I would think there would often be elements that you would not want to raise--but probably not many. I'll think about it a bit more before voting.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also cannot recall ever running into this, but this may just be that it would be a relatively minor situation to fix given the way I work. I generally detail my elevations in a layer combination with all but the annotation layer(s) locked. This keeps the drawing safe and allows me to drag select and move/copy things around very fast. All it would take is a Select All and drag by the offset amount.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes I know it is easy to drag up by the required amount but when you have 40 or 50 internal elevations it takes a long time
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless you're waiting for a model view to update it should only be about 15 to 30 seconds each. That would be about 25 minutes at the high end. Even here in the rush-rush northeastern US that doesn't seem too bad.

If you are dealing with model views, just turn off all the model layers
and it is still a snap.

I guess this is a place where the nudge tool (in the right form) could come in handy.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
This raises an interesting point about the nature of 2D objects, like notes, in a 3D program. Notes and dimensions in SketchUp, which can be placed and work in perspective, are food for thought. Completely implemented associative dimensions in S/E would go a long way. But is it really a stretch then to ask for a label tool that would stick to things when they move, in either plan or section? And what about zones that translate from plan to section so we only have to define room names once?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Aussie John
Newcomer
Well a true label will move with the object ( as distinct from an annotation)
Cheers John
[/size]