Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

cinema 4d connected

abdelaziz
Expert
I want a connection with cinema 4d like the grasshopper and used "xpresso" interface to the GDL
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you give us more details on this? Maybe a screenshot.
I personally am not familiar with this so I cannot decide if this is important or not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
abdelaziz
Expert
I have no precise idea of how the interface is shoed but to make a parametric object on cinema 4d seems much simpler,
good connection with cinema 4d opens the doors to "MoGraph" that allows you to do is kind of shape 100% parametric
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you can do this same thing now with the Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD connection that is currently in beta.
You create the Visual Script in Grasshopper and you can make all the variables that control every aspect on that geometry parametric, then send the geometry over to ARCHICAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
abdelaziz
Expert
archicad cinema 4d bottom part of the same group Nemetschek they earn more to work together it could boost sales 4d cinema
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
abdelaziz
Expert
I think the collaboration Archicad Cinema 4d can go further instead of using cinema 4d just for rendering
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
abdelaziz
Expert
xpresso could be like a translator between cinema 4d and archicad
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
furtonb
Advisor
Although I'm a regular user of C4D, I don't think, that this is necessary. A better workflow to update models is much more important, than an Xpresso driven new workflow – to do what? Anything done in Xpresso could be done in Grasshopper as well, with the possibility of attaching metadata in a very well organised manner.

I would rather not have GS to spend manpower on a very similar task.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
abdelaziz
Expert
HI,

the architect uses the generative forms to create a movement effect on the facade, Cinema 4d has an ingenious solution without using a node, the solution based on a hierarchy "parent, child"

the MOGRAPH module in an ARCHITECTURAL is the solution,for movement graphics

in my Suggestion MOGRAPH could manipulate "move, scaling, rotation" and duplicate an object in ARCHICAD adapted to cinema 4d, the adaptation this process in add a"TAG " to the object in the management of object of cinema of 4d, at this moment the object is created in the library of Archicad it is lockable and manipulable of then cinema 4d, one uses the generator "cloner and its effectors "with the adapted object ARCHICAD quantify the number of objects duplicated and manipulated by Cinema 4d in ARCHICAD 😉
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27