BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

dimensions perpendicular to certain object

Anonymous
Not applicable
In dimension's pet palette we are offered to have dimension line parallel to something.
I wonder why we don't have option to have perpendicular to certain objects?

When drawing situations I need to dimension distance from my object to building site border. That dimension line has to be perpendicular to border line.
So I have to draw line that is perpendicular to border and then make dimension parallel to that auxiliary line.

In pic yo can see dimension with figure 7,4 is perpendicular to the border.

In primitive tool as autocad that option exist.
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Is this what you are looking for?
Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 12.56.58 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ejrolon wrote:
No, I think he wants an option in the Pet Palette for perpendicular angle similar to the current parallel option.

David
Dim_Tool_Pet_Palette.png
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
No, I think he wants an option in the Pet Palette for perpendicular angle similar to the current parallel option.

David
Hi david,
you are right. I would like to get that, but there is one option when you are finnishing your dimensions just before last click which defines position of the dimension you can click to some element to make it parallel to it. I would like to have option to get it perpendicular.
Learn and get certified!