Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

drag/place an item from a website right into ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someday I would like to be able to drag an item from a manufacturer's website right into ArchiCAD and have the object appear correctly in the plans, elevations and schedules--someday...

I'd even settle for downloading manufacturer's items that could be placed into ArchiCAD and have the object appear correctly in the plans, elevations and schedules.
2 REPLIES 2
stefan
Expert
If I'm not mistaken, I could drag an object from the BIMobjects website right into ArchiCAD 17.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Stress Co_
Advisor
stefan wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, I could drag an object from the BIMobjects website right into ArchiCAD 17.
If only there were more content (washers/dryers, refrigerators, stoves, ranges, tubs, toilets, faucets, furniture, wood stoves, windows, doors, light fixtures, etc...)
manufactured products that we spec everyday. I can think of a bunch of companies that provide Revit models... but no GDL

Check the attached response from one manufacture as to why they don't support Archicad models..... We Archicad users need to be more vocal.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)