BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

editable doors and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
when will we have fully editable doors and window library parts, the option for it to be so is there, but on so many library parts nothing changes.

detail shown which is scale sensitive generally only relates to trims and number of door lines, what happened to 1:1 fully detailed view.

Recently had a demo of allplan 2003, which dealt with both of the above, and much more.
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
one of my long standing gripes is with the quality of included objects - doors, windows and curtain walling being at the top of the list.

i can understand why we have what we have:
if graphisoft started scripting specific objects to a level of detail based on specific manufacturer's products there would be too many implications; liability; favouritism/promotion; update cycles, etc.

secondly, i think that the ambition is to get real manufacturers on board the GDL movement.

either way it's not working for the end user as best as it can out of the box.

i vote 'essential': something needs to be done about the quality of standard objects and their integration with the virtual building capabilities, but also see this as more of an average development in the great scheme of things . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
generally my wish is that when something has the option to be editable etc. then in section/elevation, door rails and styles can be adjusted, match sidelights, provide bottom rails to suit my requirements.

some objects, eg W ribbon have editable hotspot option etc but does not give an editing option ?
Learn and get certified!