BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

favorites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Favorites should be treated like an attribute, such as layers, so that they are not lost when you reset your work environment. Or, when you close out of your file, you should be asked if you want to save your favorites.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Favorites are not lost when you change your work environment, so I'm not sure what problem you've encountered?

Favorites are saved as part of the file itself. If you want to move Favorites from one file to another, you simply Save them from the Favorites palette flyout menu and Load them in the other file.

Given that, like attributes, they are stored within the file - I can see the logic of a consolidated attribute manager-like interface that allows for the transfer of all internal data from one file to another. (Favorites aren't attributes, but are an aggregation of existing attributes and tool settings - so AM would have to be renamed IMHO if it included Favorites.)

Something that behaves similarly is Project Info (File menu). All of those data fields, expandable by the user to as many as desired - primarily for use with autotext, can be saved or loaded from that interface.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Thompson
Expert
I think it is very easy to miss what Karl knows and said, and assume "Favorites" means just that, not limited to a project. I must say I have long wished (and voiced) that it worked this way, maybe by selecting a favorite way Favorites worked in the preference pane or the Work Environment. I am always loading Favorites since I am working on many different files each day.. not just one. And, when I make a new favorite, I have to manually save it, and once again reload it into other files. The way it currently works is opposite the way I would like it to work.

So, GS, please provide a way for the user to determine the way Favorites save and store the results. I think many of us use it as an set for office standards, and the way it it now, it is just too easy to mess up and forget to reload, or save the new version of a favorite, and there you go.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Learn and get certified!