BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

fillet, chamfer, intersect beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just like a wall can we fillet, chamfer, and intersect a beam. Furthermore should this tool really be listed under 'line extras'? when currently used for lines and walls and hopefully soon beams.
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes tools should have more commonality generally
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
Just like a wall can we fillet, chamfer, and intersect a beam. Furthermore should this tool really be listed under 'line extras'? when currently used for lines and walls and hopefully soon beams.
The pet pallette can be used on all linear elements for chamfering and filleting - see Alex Schamenek's tip at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=7810#7810
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:
Mark wrote:
The pet pallette can be used on all linear elements for chamfering and filleting - see Alex Schamenek's tip at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=7810#7810
This is true but you still need to intersect the beams first.

One thing I just noticed after revisiting Alex's tip, you can offset walls and beams - click on corner or end offsets multiple walls to new location- click on one wall moves the wall and adjusts all side walls. ( see pic)
multiple wall offset.jpg
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it is good to have smooth curved beams, too.

I know we can resolve it with wall tool but if we are going to be consistent in BIM than we need it as "Beam".
Djordje
Ace
TRIBU wrote:
Maybe it is good to have smooth curved beams, too.
Yep, instead of MagicWanding it ... although that does quite a good job. If I need a smooth curved beam, I do it with a slab.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!