Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

fix v12 doors & windows please

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if other people have run into the same problem, but when we set v12 doors to simple 2d plan symbol it displays a door swing & opening based on the rough opening rather than the door opening. the drafting standards that we conventionaly use here is that the opening show for a door on 1/8" plans is the same as the door opening not the rough opening. ealier versions of ArchiCAD doors (v11) work properly.

Also it seams there are still several problems with trim options that make the doors not useable. We have had to resort to using v11 doors and windows to get workable library pars.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use v.12 doors but have to change the parameters of the doors at some point.
Erich
Contributor
While I don't use doors on that setting I vote essential. Right now ANY fix to the windows and doors in AC12 would be welcome.

Hopefully they will come before the next version of AC.

(Karl, just another whiny American )
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
B wrote:
I don't know if other people have run into the same problem, but when we set v12 doors to simple 2d plan symbol it displays a door swing & opening based on the rough opening rather than the door opening. the drafting standards that we conventionaly use here is that the opening show for a door on 1/8" plans is the same as the door opening not the rough opening. ealier versions of ArchiCAD doors (v11) work properly.

Also it seams there are still several problems with trim options that make the doors not useable. We have had to resort to using v11 doors and windows to get workable library pars.
Could you post a screenshot of this issue?
Also, in the Internal Door Settings panel, there are Door Size Settings where you have several options on what is considered Nominal Size of the Door. Could that help?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The screen shoot below shows the issue with the d1 12 door in that it shows the rough opening rather than the nominal opening when set to simple. Several of the 12 doors behave this way, but the 11 doors and a few 12 doors show the correct opening when set to nominal opening size and simple 2d symbol.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you can play around with the four possible options that you can set to be the Nominal Size of the Door.
May work differently as AC11 as default but I think you can achieve what you want.
The lower Door in the image is now set to use the Egress Dimension as Nominal Size.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27