BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

grouping windows/doors together

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to have the option to mull/group (attach) them together in so that they would act and schedule as a single unit. They would also then all move together. They could also be un-grouped to be altered/changed.
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree completely, but suspect that it is quite a big dig in the code to get it implemented.

On the flip side, I would like to be able to schedule a double door (eg. 6'-0" x 6'-8") as two single leafs (eg. 2 x 3'-0" x 6'-8").

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows and Doors that is.

Mark Gillis
Gillis Design Group
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be a perfect addition to the ganging option in the US special edition library. Click on the ganging check box and then go back to elevation or 3d and visually lock the windows together. So instead of scripting a large complex window/door configuration simpler individual parts could be used together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would even be nice if we could put all of the windows together and save them as a single lib. part.
LiHigh
Newcomer
Link wrote:
I agree completely, but suspect that it is quite a big dig in the code to get it implemented.

On the flip side, I would like to be able to schedule a double door (eg. 6'-0" x 6'-8") as two single leafs (eg. 2 x 3'-0" x 6'-8").

Cheers,
Link.
Yes, it's going to be tough!
Just make better door & window oject, you won't be wishing for this option!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No Sh*t, Sherlock!

This is what we all want, but it's obviously not that easy!
Rick Thompson
Expert
Mark, have you looked at Smart Parts library? It allow some ganging, but not what I would like to have, plus the scheduling problem.

(drop by if you want to play with it)
smartparts.png
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
TomWaltz
Participant
LiHigh wrote:
Link wrote:

Cheers,
Link.
Yes, it's going to be tough!
Just make better door & window oject, you won't be wishing for this option!
Do you have any you would like to share?
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes ganging which translates into a schedule and assciated 2D elevations which reflect that.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!