BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

'independent' lightworks processing

__archiben
Booster
not sure of the technical terms to describe this, but i'd like to see lightworks running as an independent process to the main archiCAD application so that i can actually work on the floor plan whilst a rendering is in action.

as i understand it, lightworks can handle multi-processors already, so why can't it just be left to do it's thing as a separate thread(?) and report back to archiCAD when it's done?

i'm stuck browsing this forum now whilst i wait for another render . . . and i already know some of the adjustments i need to make . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm with you there, Ben, but there's only so much processing power to go around. Lightworks runs a nominal rendering at 160 percent of processor capacity. Good thing, dual processors....

The only way to cope, pragmatically, is to make small renderings and render snapshots of problem areas to minimise the wait. I use a dual machine that allows me to work on other tasks in other applications, but it slows the rendering process down.... and so it goes.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!