Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

inherit parameter attributes in object/door/window settings

__archiben
Booster
who finds it annoying that object/door/window parameters revert to that objects default when you change from one to another?

with the introduction of subtypes and a more structured parameter approach from graphisoft, i wish that we had an option in door/window/object settings that enabled the object to inherit any parameters originally defined when browsing/changing objects.

for example, changing door types . . . you may set all of the parameters up for a specific door - frame width, rebate, etc.., etc.. and at a later date need to change that door. any common parameters are lost back to the new doors default values. . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
4 REPLIES 4
~/archiben wrote:
who finds it annoying that object/door/window parameters revert to that objects default when you change from one to another?
Everyone. Except people who are dead, or are otherwise not using AC.

I'm compiling a list of time sink wishes: simple stuff that should already work, that we have to manually compensate for every time. This is on it. Essential.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Dave Jochum
Advocate
~/archiben wrote:
Drives me nuts. There have been many discussions on this forum and the old email list. Unfortunately, at this time there is simply not a good door/window solution for AC that I know of.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
TomWaltz
Participant
While I would like to have some way of maintaining parameters between objects, it needs to be an option, not a mandate.

There are times where you *want* the default options, or want to revert to them from what you have set.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
me, wrote:
i wish that we had an OPTION in door/window/object settings . . .
quite!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup