BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

intelligent site modeling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Imagine if we could scan in a surveyor's plan, or import a DWG, and with a few mouse clicks, get a mesh with contour lines on it, that can be made visible or not in 3d views.

Now imagine if, in the 3d window, you could grab points and raise the grade up or down intuitively... and have it interact with areas around it-- you don't pull up a point, with the end result being a spike. You build a berm. You could customize the amount of area that would be affected. A big area would create a wide, smooth berm. Small area= pointy hill.

Next- make it so that I can define this by a line (or spline), not just a point.

Next, make it so that cut and fill are automatically balanced. If I carve a clay model this is easy. Make it easy on a computer. Make it tell me how much cut or fill is needed if I elect to have them not be balanced.

Finally- once all this is done- make a 2-D contoured topo map appear with the press of a button.
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Todd wrote:
Imagine if we could scan in a surveyor's plan, or import a DWG, and with a few mouse clicks, get a mesh with contour lines on it, that can be made visible or not in 3d views.
This is possible with ArchiTerra.

The rest - yes ... I agree.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Added to wishlist database
Learn and get certified!