Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

keynotes

Wendell
Participant

We desperately need a built-in keynote system that allows for editing within a schedule (similar to door/window schedules), but also able to be tagged to a non-object such as detail drawing lines, fills, etc. and be searchable throughout the entire project - plans, worksheets, elevations, details, etc.  We want to be able to say that THIS THING (whatever, and wherever it is) is associated with THIS KEYNOTE, and to be able to find all those keynotes wherever they are and modify their data in a single location.

Graphisoft team, please consider this request.

4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that this is an existing wish in our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-5566)

I hope to see it implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Minh,

Thank you for the confirmation.  I appreciate how great Archicad is in so many ways and the consistent annual improvements, and look forward to seeing this tool incorporated.

Sincerely,

Wendell

While you wait for GS's solution you may want to look at this:

Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists

Hi, just wrote in a different thread about keynotes - just an idea: If the change tool wasn´t needed for revisions, wouldn´t that tool be ideal for Keynotes? Make a load of keynotes (changes) in your office template, and use the unlinked change marker to display the keys, and the revision history object to list the keys and the notes? Graphisoft would just need to copy the code for the change tool and rename it - and add it to an update?

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

Mac Studio (2022) - Apple M1 Ultra
macOS Monterey 12.4