Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

layer name display in infobox

schagemann
Enthusiast
i wonder if it would be nice to be able to resize the layer name window in the info box window, as it is currerntly somewhat inconvenient to not be able to read and identify layer names longer than 11 characters (surprisingly even some of the standard layer names that come with archicad are longer than that... ;0).

daniel.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
15 REPLIES 15
Dwight
Newcomer
and material names, too.
Dwight Atkinson
__archiben
Booster
all lists everywhere should have a user customisable font size (and font?). easy enough to set in the prefs, but how it would dynamically affect the dialogue i don't know . . .

~/archiben

(and you are allowed to vote in your own wish poll schagemann! )
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
that was me who forgot.
Dwight Atkinson
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Count me in on this too

Pretty much goes for most of AC windows really (stories, hotlink manager etc).
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Karl Ottenstein
Now that I have a Mac, too, I understand what you guys are talking about ... you see fewer characters than show on Windows. So, I agree. 😉

I see 10 characters followed by "..." on the Mac, and 14 characters followed by "..." on Windows.

I get only the 1st 7 characters of a material name on each platform.

A tough thing with wishes like this is that people with Windows may vote differently since the issue isn't as bad there for layer names.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
some of these things aren't a problem until you really get to working with the application. I was never bothered by the short name space until I had sub-categorized my materials with a prefix. OOOps. Always had to open the big dialog....... but maybe not in future.
Dwight Atkinson
Aussie John
Newcomer
If resizing is too difficult showing the first and last parts of the name (subtractng the middle bit) would be better than it is now. If you are not sure what I mean look in the Finder (mac) at a long name in a narrow space
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another alternative would be a 'popup' window which gives the (full) version of the name when you 'mouse over'.

Example (from the Opera browser) below.

- Stuart
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Problem added to wishlist.
We find some solution, but every idea are welcome

Balazs