Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

<Add New> function in Composites, Materials,Fills,Pen lists

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was not sure if this wish has been posted so here it goes.
It would really increase productivity if ArchiCad could implement a script that would enable the user to create a new composite within the wall settings dialog. I could not name the number of times I have selected walls to change and then open the dialog box only to find that the current project did not have the specific composite I have had used in a previous project. So I would have to close the Walls dialog box go to Options, Element Attributes, composites. Create or duplicate. Exit and return back to the wall settings dialog.
This would also be helpful in all available (Floor Plan and Section) areas within all dialog properties. Any other thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Or you could use the Attribute Manager to bring in the new composite (and others at the same time) so they are an exact match and you don't have to remember their settings.
Keep your template up to date with the Attribute Manager if you ever create new attributes in your jobs.
That way when you start a new job from your template everything you have used before is at hand and you only have to create something if it is really new.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Understood. Which in my case is harder to do when the master template file you use contains Independent worksheets and hotlinks that need to be carried over to be up to date. those things do not get transferred within the attribute manager. In order for that to work I would have update in a backwards direction before moving forward. Gets confusing and if you do not pay attention to when you append and/or overwrite it can get messy.
The <Add new> function is not a new concept. Many software already utilize it e.g. Quickbooks works great with it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image Idea