Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

manual override of elements to view (like revit)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ability to manual override of elements to view (like revit). I couldn't live without layers but it would be nice to quickly hide things temporarily, not necessarily for documentation but for working.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
I model the structure of my roof separate from the roof finishes and this would be very useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just "Hide" command! For any objects, ofcourse. And "Show Hidden" mode. This would be a very useful! No more tones of layers and layers combinations. And two modes for each hidden object: Solid operations ON and OFF. And VIEW dependent! This feature is so basic and important. And i don't understand, why ArchiCAD doesn't have it, still.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because of "holes" like this, unfriendly programs like Revit take the market!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As a workaround: show selection in 3D. I do a lot of changing of elements in 3D because it is quick and easy to narrow your selection down this way.

A good way of hiding things on a more permanent basis is by using custom renovation filters and setting elements up to only show on those filters.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are good instruments, but for example: We have a complex section. All filters for 3d objects like - layer combinations, renovations - are in ideal state, but some objects (two or three) look wrong, or they must be hidden just for clear look of drawing. Architectural drawings must have a certain conventionality...so i need
opportunity to hide things for just this view! Independently of any other filters.
Instead, I have to hide them with fills or create additional filters that only complicate the work. If the project to go beyond the small private house - this problem becomes extremely visible.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Ok, another workaround: you can set up your most common surface finishes for walls to have a white coverfill. This allows you to hide these elements using send to back and they will get hidden by the coverfill already in place on the walls.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Ok, another workaround: you can set up your most common surface finishes for walls to have a white coverfill. This allows you to hide these elements using send to back and they will get hidden by the coverfill already in place on the walls.

Thank you. But in my opinion, this is another of the incorrect methods. It's BIM, and all must be logical. The ArchiCAD is the most convenient tool for architects, now, but some gaps make us wonder. Just Hide" and "Unhide" the object and there is no more of this problem. No strange dances anymore )
Anonymous
Not applicable
The ability to hide individual elements in a view is one feature of Revit I really dislike and has cost $thousands in variations on previous projects as items were not shown on drawings.
These items have been missed from drawings as someone working in a view hidden items so that they have a clear working area when trying to figure something out and forget to unhide, meanwhile the drawings are printed and issued.
I know that ideally the missing items would be noticed when checking the issue set but in today’s shortened project timeframes there is just not the time to check every item on every single page of maybe hundreds of drawings in a set
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
sboydturner wrote:
The ability to hide individual elements in a view is one feature of Revit I really dislike and has cost $thousands in variations on previous projects as items were not shown on drawings.
These items have been missed from drawings as someone working in a view hidden items so that they have a clear working area when trying to figure something out and forget to unhide, meanwhile the drawings are printed and issued.
I know that ideally the missing items would be noticed when checking the issue set but in today’s shortened project timeframes there is just not the time to check every item on every single page of maybe hundreds of drawings in a set
And I thought colleagues cropping a view on layout were evil... This does sound pretty bad!
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5