BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

moveable section markers (as with elevation markers)

Anonymous
Not applicable
So we can cut off the drawing shorter than the marker location and hence align all section markers on complex plan buildings.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be handy if you could adjust them floor by floor as well.
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
Stuart,
Place a new section on your other storey but change the marker type to "Linked Marker" and link it to your original section view.
Make sure both section lines only show in the storey you want them to show in.\
Now you can adjust the width (or even the location) of each section line independently but they will both show the same section (the source section).

Is this what you are after?

Barry.

PS Haniel could use this as well by switching the section line to have a "Middle Marker" which can be repositioned.
Then adding a second linked section also with a middle marker.
The problem with this is the marker can be moved but it is just the marker - there is no line to represent the section line - that stays put.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
s2art wrote:
Stuart,
Place a new section on your other storey but change the marker type to "Linked Marker" and link it to your original section view.
Make sure both section lines only show in the storey you want them to show in.\
Now you can adjust the width (or even the location) of each section line independently but they will both show the same section (the source section).

Is this what you are after?

Barry.
Almost. It means a bit of phaffing around with layers and visibility per storey, but since when have workarounds not required a bit of extra effort? I realise having the marker heads displaying differently on each storey would not necessarily be easy. Cadimage have something similar in their roof accessory, whereby you can display certain elements on certain storeys - i.e. whole accessory on roof plan, downpipes only on storey below (and the downpipe offsets back to wall line too), and outline only for stories above.
Eduardo Rolon
Or you can pay Jeroen

http://www.masterscript.nl/labels-and-markers/32-section-elevation-marker-offset.html
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Learn and get certified!