BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

multiple marquees

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the marquee tool could be much more powerful if it was capable of stretching discontinuous areas. Another difficulty I have using the current marquee implementation is that the point where it would usually be easiest to snap to in order make the desired displacement is outside the confines of the marquee.
In some cases I can overcome the limitation of being able to have only one marquee at a time by drawing a convoluted polygonal marquee, but this is a cumbersome workaround the is valid only about 20% of the time. It also does not address the inability to stretch based on points outside of the marquee, which is very frustrating.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you mean stretching items in the marquee using reference points outside it, invoke the Edit>Stretch command, then select your reference points, rather than selecting a reference point within the marquee with no command.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
If you mean stretching items in the marquee using reference points outside it, invoke the Edit>Stretch command

Thank you, I apologize for my ignorance.

Still, there is no way move half a dozen marquee areas at once, is there?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, you can only draw one marquee at a time. Good idea though. Make a wish.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Good idea though. Make a wish.....
I'll make it a wish and a prayer.

The implementation could be as simple as holding down the shift or option key while the marquee tool is active to make multiple marquees.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a wish, I must pay more attention....
Learn and get certified!