BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

object amelioration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure there is some other wishes related to this, becomes hard to check everything
We are often hesitant to save as object graphically made "objects" because it is not flexible enough and we lose a lot of the smart arrow detection proprieties. A few small steps proposal:
1. Shortcut right click on an element to "edit 2d symbol", so one can modify "on line", save, refresh the plan and continue
2. For one object, possibility to represent it differently in several stories (I hate to past the 2d into the drawing). Similar to the scale related representation but not through GDL coding, just trough graphical 2d multi-representations
3. I know objects are light because of the limited information they carry and that's a good point but it could be a little bit smarter. Actually the 2d plan just detects HOTSPOTS. I imagine HOTLINES or HOTFILL that could be detected by the smart mouse. For example, HOTLINES could define the perimeter polyline of an object or HOTFILL applied to the mask fill actually used in many object to cover background. Could allow adjusting, cutting, dividing, etc...any elements in plan to the object limits.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Philippe wrote:
1. Shortcut right click on an element to "edit 2d symbol", so one can modify "on line", save, refresh the plan and continue
It's not quite as convenient, but you can select the symbol and type cmd+opt/ctrl+shift -O to open it for editing.
2. For one object, possibility to represent it differently in several stories (I hate to past the 2d into the drawing). Similar to the scale related representation but not through GDL coding, just trough graphical 2d multi-representations
I am concerned that adding this function might complicate the library parts too much. Do you have an idea how it might be implemented? In the mean time the GDL coding is quite minimal. It could look something like:

h_story = Request(`Home_story`, ``, h_story_index, h_story_name)
c_story = Request(`Story`, ``, c_story_index, c_story_name)
story_offset = c_story_index - h_story_index
IF story_offset = 0 THEN Fragment2 1, 0
IF story_offset = -1 THEN Fragment2 2, 0
IF story_offset = 1 THEN Fragment2 3, 0
3. I know objects are light because of the limited information they carry and that's a good point but it could be a little bit smarter. Actually the 2d plan just detects HOTSPOTS. I imagine HOTLINES or HOTFILL that could be detected by the smart mouse. For example, HOTLINES could define the perimeter polyline of an object or HOTFILL applied to the mask fill actually used in many object to cover background. Could allow adjusting, cutting, dividing, etc...any elements in plan to the object limits.
This is a feature I enthusiastically endorse. I cannot count the number of times I have wished to include detectable lines/edges in my library parts.
Learn and get certified!