BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

objects seen on +X & -Y storey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Objects, columns, walls, etc, should be "viewable" in any desired storeys above or below the current one... with a "true" cutplane if desired, depending on reference levels of each storey...

I actually have to script this myself within the objects, but would be easier if it was automatic... at least for objects, please, please, please...
8 REPLIES 8
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Me too... One thing to know as a caution...

1. If you script HOTSPOTS in... make sure they are INSIDE the story filter... I have a SKYLIGHT that I want to govern how many stories up and down see it... but the hotspots go all the way thru the project. I have, more than once, selected with the arrow tool on the FOUNDATION storey only to delete the skylights that I could not see.....

Geoffroy wrote:
I actually have to script this myself within the objects, but would be easier if it was automatic... at least for objects, please, please, please...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
If you script HOTSPOTS in... make sure they are INSIDE the story filter...
Thanks for the tip... I hadn't the problem yet because the hotspots I placed are always relative to the kind of view I need, so they are within the storey test.
Djordje
Ace
Geoffroy wrote:
Objects, columns, walls, etc, should be "viewable" in any desired storeys above or below the current one... with a "true" cutplane if desired, depending on reference levels of each storey...
... or a RANGE of stories, not necessarily continuous.

Example: three storey building. Yuor staircase is on the ground floor, nicely seen one storey above, you don't need it on foundation plan, but do need it on roof plan. Copy above and explode? Very Virtual Building ... duh.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

Example: three storey building. Yuor staircase is on the ground floor, nicely seen one storey above, you don't need it on foundation plan, but do need it on roof plan.
A list of storeys and checkboxes just beside, and control button equivalent to all above / all below... this would become quite complex... but let's hope the genius of GS programmer / quality management would find the perfect solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

Example: three storey building. Yuor staircase is on the ground floor, nicely seen one storey above, you don't need it on foundation plan, but do need it on roof plan. Copy above and explode? Very Virtual Building ... duh.
I would like to see objects' storey viewability (?!) definable in the same way as section lines (at least) ... and then with some decent GDL you could at least determine _what_ to show in the plan view.

I would think twice before suggesting GS have a pull down list for check-boxes for 'show on stories' ?? ... potential to create real problems (methinks?)

- Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
StuartJames wrote:
I would like to see objects' storey viewability (?!) definable in the same way as section lines (at least) ... and then with some decent GDL you could at least determine _what_ to show in the plan view.
This would probably be the best way to achieve what we want... I'll vote for this !
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
What about implementing "User Defined" option in the drop-down menu with small infield next to it where one could define particular viewable storeys by typing them in the format of printable pages in the standard Print window.
(e.g.:1,2,4-6) would stand for storeys 1, 2 and from 4 to 6...!?
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
What about implementing "User Defined" option in the drop-down menu with small infield next to it where one could define particular viewable storeys by typing them in the format of printable pages in the standard Print window.
(e.g.:1,2,4-6) would stand for storeys 1, 2 and from 4 to 6...!?
Now this one makes a lot of sense. Probably just add this, much like a print menu, so you can use either the existing format or this one. And have this for everything, even for ghost stories.
Learn and get certified!