Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

pallet docking

giza
Booster
why can't we have possibility to dock all other pallets except standard AC (info box, navigator, navigator preview,toolbox, coordinate box etc) in AC workspace window, if i am using a 20'' monitor i want my workspace to be well organised with nothing floating around so i vote for docking Element Information, Favorites, Quick layers etc, and all other non graphisoft addons like archiforma or similar

thanks
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
14 REPLIES 14
Andy Thomson
Advisor
yes! would be wonderful to dock quicklayers and element info! Show hide buttons like navigator would be nice too.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Voted important for this. We go through all these upgrades and still they don't make all pallettes dockable. It cannot be that hard can it?

Roolio
hampden
Booster
Roolio wrote:
Voted important for this. We go through all these upgrades and still they don't make all pallettes dockable. It cannot be that hard can it?

Roolio
and for the love of god please give the macs an option for docking interface elements as well, I find the sticky pallet thing a poor substitute, i'm constantly having the main window enlarge behind the pallets and have to tear pallets apart just to get to the main window, (ac9 - have tried ac10 a little, and still no docking but pallet behavior with main window seems somewhat improved.)

-Stefan
Stefan Hampden
CAST architecture - Seattle architect
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
i'm constantly having the main window enlarge behind the pallets and have to tear pallets apart just to get to the main window
I'am surprised that a mac user is complaining about this. 'Docking' is very typical for windows UI so therefore I have assumed that is not so appealing for the mac community. Do not get me wrong - having the main window enlarged behind the palettes is one of the reasons why I am not comfy with mac OS.
::rk
owen
Newcomer
hampden wrote:
and for the love of god please give the macs an option for docking interface elements as well, I find the sticky pallet thing a poor substitute, i'm constantly having the main window enlarge behind the pallets and have to tear pallets apart just to get to the main window
Yes please. I get this randomly but very frequently with S/E's and the 3D window. No idea what causes it. I often find if the window is larger than the space between the palettes you actually need to shrink it before maximising - otherwise it maximises under the palettes, not within them ..

There should be an option somewhere to force all windows to remain within the confines of the toolboxes. Generally I think OS X is a much better interface but in this regard Windows beats it ... easier to get no gaps in the interface.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
archislave
Enthusiast
This has been one of the most frustrating things about working in archicad on Mac. Archicad is much neater on window. Everything about the mac and every other modern application is much better on the Mac in my opinion. So, I will live with it until they get serious about modernizing Archicad on the Mac up to OSX standards.

It is really like they designed everything for OS9 and left it alone for six years - it is a real disgrace on their part to just leave it that way. Mac users go to extra connoisseur choice just to use Macs and then we get such schlock.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
__archiben
Booster
hampden wrote:
i'm constantly having the main window enlarge behind the pallets and have to tear pallets apart just to get to the main window...
. . . so let's try and track down which conditions result in that happening and then point GS over here. here's a couple from me . . .

• opening DWGs
• opening a layout by double clicking on a placed drawing in the drawing manager.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
matthewjj
Newcomer
I totally agree that this is a much needed option for the OSX users.

...to further expland on this idea, I would also like a way to have a custom palette toggle that toggles a 'group' of palettes and toolbars or at the very least 'all' palettes and toolbars. I am constantly finding that I want to toggle most of my palletes except for my Tool palette, especially when working on my laptop.

Most of the time I don't need all of the palletes on screen but it's a pain to toggle palettes on/off as separate items plus I like keeping my WE as consistent as possible.

ArchiCAD could perhaps learn a trick or two from Adobe Illustrator. All of the toolbars toggle on and off by pressing the Tab-key. It is very nice, you can get a full-screen workspace at the click of a button.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
cremsberg
Participant
Yes, a quick hide of the palettes would be nice for laptop or smaller screen users.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)