Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

"Show on Stories" Freedom

Anonymous
Not applicable
It really bugs me that different elements have different choices for "Show On Stories." Some elements have only two choices, "Home Story only" or "All Relevant Stories." Others have six choices, and some will let me choose a custom configuration. It would be fantastic if all elements actually let me choose a custom configuration. This way, for example, I could use a custom Profile for a parapet wall and actually have the outline of that parapet visible two, three, or more stories up if I so choose. I might even be able to actually see my entire roof on the roof plan, regardless of how many stories below a portion of it might be.
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
+1

Bugged me for a while has this one. It's an ironic Graphisoft quirk, given its roots are architectural, where you would expect a lot of the software to be modular and consistent, but elements all seem to operate with their own unique arrangement of settings.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
I have added a poll to your wish.
Pleas add your vote.

I am sure there are probably reasons why each element has different options, but consistency for all elements would be nice.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
One thing I find really annoying about "Show on Relevant Stories" is that the Home Story is not by default relevant... with some playing around, this can be "solved" with the Floor Plan Cut Plane...

Rob wrote:
I might even be able to actually see my entire roof on the roof plan, regardless of how many stories below a portion of it might be.

You should be able to use the Floor Plan Cut Plane settings to achieve this by setting the Relative Floor Plan Range to show down to the story of your lowest roof or to the ground. This would need to be saved as a view though as this range may not be suitable for general use.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660