BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

"Smart" Folders in the View Map

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if one could assign view setting properties to a folder in the view map so when you drag a story, elevation, etc. from the project map to a folder in the view map the story, elevation, etc. would take on the properties of the folder. That way if you are working on a 1/8" construction document set and need to add a plan to the 1/4" marketing folder in the view map you would not have to change your view settings to do so (just to give one example).
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I couldn't agree more Josh. The same principle applies to the Layout Book and Publisher sets. In fact the functionality is sort of there with Publisher sets, in that you are able to set the Format of a particular folder and everything that is dropped into it will take on that format. The caveat is that you need to have at least one item in that folder to be able to set the format. And there has to be at least one itme when you drag the others, so it's not really that useful.

I have submitted wishes to GS about this before.

IMHO This topic stems from the problem with the current functionality of clones. I mean why does the Clone feature exist? Why would we want to clone from the project map to the view map? I think it would make much more sense to be able to clone viewsets from within the view map. This way we could clone a viewset and change the clone's publishing properties. For example we could have one publishing set for A1 and another for A2 - any change made to one viewset would update in the other. This is much more useful than the existing functionality IMHO.

I vote Essential.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!