BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

"Split" Tool in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would LOVE to be able to use the 'split' tool when in section. Especially on walls where it meets the angle of a roof, and continues above. I could use the tool to 'split' the wall above and below the roof line which will allow me to change the wall below to have a different exterior/interior material.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It might be nice but there are plenty of ways to make a wall with two different surfaces on the same side. Probable the best way is to create a complex profile.
Anonymous
Not applicable
phubbell wrote:
It might be nice but there are plenty of ways to make a wall with two different surfaces on the same side. Probable the best way is to create a complex profile.
Doesn't help when the adjoining roof falls parallel to the wall, as in the image below (roof slab in wireframe and selected). I have done this with 2 walls and 2 extra roof planes (which are turned off, but go thru' the wall in question), using one to SEO with subtraction UP, and one with subtraction DOWN. A bit laborious but got there in the end.

Not sure if "Split" would be the best way to achieve this, might be hard to manage, but something needs to be done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the walls are to be different thicknesses (likely in real construction) you could trim off the extra thickness by just catching the extra part with the cutting roof. A complex profile would work if the thicker wall extended through the cutting planes.

Also, I've used "inherit attributes of the operator" to change the surface of a wall.

All of these ways are admitedly clumsy.
Learn and get certified!