Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

reinstate entering of special characters using kb shortcuts

Haneef Tayob
Booster
This wish may only apply to the windows version of ArchiCad.

I would appreciate it if GS could reinstate the old method of using keyboard shortcuts to enter special characters (i.e. typing alt 0189 for ½, etc), instead of forcing one to use the mouse.

The windows AC9 method requires one to use the select, (wait), copy, paste method from the character map which take a whole lot more mouse clicks and breaks ones rhythm when typing text.

The mac way of adding special characters to the favourites will help in reducing the number of mouse clicks, but will not be faster than just typing the character code.

thanks
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Haneef Tayob
Booster
In some ways I want to recall this wish as I found another way to quicky enter the keyboard shortcuts. On the otherhand this wish should remain as the method I've found is not a Windows standard (i.e it won't work the same way with MS Word, CorelDraw, etc.)

I've just found out that if you use [ctrl alt] + code, then you can enter the special characters using the keyboard shortcuts.

Not sure why this was suddenly changed by Graphisoft as previously just [alt] + code was required as it is with all other programs.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM