Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

renovation override combinations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really like the ability to set more than one renovation override style sets for different views. seems odd that you cant change the override style differently in different renovation filters. ideally this would be handled in a similar way to layer combination sets, or model view options in that you could have various style sets which could be associated with various renovation filters.

Thanks
Stefan
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Does duplicating a filter (e.g., planned status), editing the overrides, and assigning that new filter to a view not address what you need? If not, please clarify what you'd like to do but cannot.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

That is exactly what I was hoping i would be able to do, however unless I'm missing something, the style of the override appears to be global in nature and not saved as part of the duplicate renovation filter set.

For example:
The default residential template "new construction" shows a brick hatch as the override fill. if I duplicate the "new construction" renovation filter, and then make changes to the renovation override styles, it changes both the original renovation filter as well as the duplicate (and any others saved renovation filters which use the renovation override style). I don't see any ability to modify only specific renovation filters.

Is this making sense, or am I missing something obvious? I would love to hear it's currently possible and I'm doing something wrong 😉

-Stefan
Karl Ottenstein
smh wrote:
For example:
The default residential template "new construction" shows a brick hatch as the override fill. if I duplicate the "new construction" renovation filter, and then make changes to the renovation override styles, it changes both the original renovation filter as well as the duplicate (and any others saved renovation filters which use the renovation override style). I don't see any ability to modify only specific renovation filters.
Got it, Stefan. I'm 100% with you on this wish now. Hadn't tried what I suggested and it is completely lame: there are only 3 "Override Styles", one each for existing, demo and new and no matter how many "Renovation Filters" you define, each can only reference those existing styles.

The only thing new Renovation Filters can do is decide show/hide/override status for new/demo/existing... AND ... the checkmarks in the filter dialog for "Additional Filter Options".

Yes! Styles should be customizable PER FILTER (and more). Essential.

Thanks,
Karl

PS Be sure to vote in your own poll.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
hampden
Booster
Was really hoping to see this implemented in AC18 - renovation filters quickly become problematic as you try and use them for different categories of views without being able to save different override style sets. Seems like a no brainer to have the renovation override settings (pens, fills, materials etc) save with the renovation filter, rather than just having one setting all the override filters and only change whether it's on or off.

This is the type of thing which is frustrating, new features get rolled out, but then languish for lack of polish / improvement. I wish GS would spend a bit more time between versions improving the features which are already implemented to make sure they are working properly, and consistently.

Please consider this change feels like low hanging fruit with a big potential upside for functionality!
Karl wrote:
smh wrote:
For example:
Got it, Stefan. I'm 100% with you on this wish now. Hadn't tried what I suggested and it is completely lame: there are only 3 "Override Styles", one each for existing, demo and new and no matter how many "Renovation Filters" you define, each can only reference those existing styles.

The only thing new Renovation Filters can do is decide show/hide/override status for new/demo/existing... AND ... the checkmarks in the filter dialog for "Additional Filter Options".

Yes! Styles should be customizable PER FILTER (and more). Essential.

Thanks,
Karl

PS Be sure to vote in your own poll.
Stefan Hampden
CAST architecture - Seattle architect