Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

roof edge/slab edge

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I would love to be able to add detail to a roof edge-fascia, drip edge, etc. Also to thicken the edge of a slab (monolithic). Anyone else?

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
17 REPLIES 17
Rakela Raul
Participant
that vector works looks very good btw
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not saying that it shouldn't be part of standard AC, but the CadImage Accessory Pack does this pretty well. Fascias, spouting, valleys, hips, downpipes, roof surface, soffits, etc., not to mention wall profiles and claddings(may be redundant in 10?), slab extras (footings etc).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going to bump this up again. it has been 12 years and nothing. it would be nice to be able to assign rim conditions to a framed floor in addition to the eave conditions of a roof.
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is not associative, but you can do continuous slab edges and footings pretty easily with Complex Profiles now. If you want it to be associative, you can use the Railing Tool in AC21 / 22, though that is a little bit more complex. The railing tool in regards to roof fascias was discussed over here.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I have done a complex profile wall rim condition in the past. I merely think it would be nice to be able to click on the edge like you can a roof and associate a type to it and a profile.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Still on my wish list. Hope it happens before I retire.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stephen, I started messing around with the new railing tool as suggested by Lingwisyer with almost satisfactory results. The big plus is that it is associative.

A few of the negatives are that you can't define rail profiles by segment (at least I haven't found a way to do so), so the corners don't connect if you have intersecting profiles that are different. The fills don't appear to behave the same way as they do in a wall that is a complex profile, in the project, I am working on they are coming in on at a different scale, and the profile is merging like items that are touching, whereas in a wall they no longer merge together.

At the end of the day, I can get the visual results I am looking for, for the most part anyway, and the information I need for material takeoffs is available. I just think that there could be improvements.

Lingwisyer
Guru
Jason wrote:
you can't define rail profiles by segment

In edit mode, you can select the rail, or any other element, within each segment and change the profile. The downside here is that once you have modified as segment in this way, it will no longer respond to general changes made to the overall railing.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660