BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

roof lines dashed if under another roof

Gus
Newcomer
I wish roof lines automatically appeared dashed if they were under another roof in the roof plan. We have to always draw these things in and mess around with cutting and pasting roofs from one level to another etc. Then if you change the model a little you have to draw all the lines over again.

Thank you
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree that it would be nice if this were handled easier in Archi CAD.
I cannot think of a settig tha could be created to do this though.

I am thinking that maybe if you made a fill of diagnal lines, that were white with a transparent background and covered the parts of the roof that you wanted dashed with it, you may come up with a dashed roof line below.

This is in relation to some of my thoughts and requests on roofs.

Another: I dont want to see the pitch break lines on my roofs.

I have more- my brain is stuck though.
Bruce
Expert
It would be easy from Graphisoft's point of view - all it would take is detecting whether a roof plane edge is aligned with another roof plane edge and only display one line on stories under and / or over.

If a Goodie can detect duplicates, then surely this is an extrapolation of that algorithm
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I agree that it would be nice if this were handled easier in Archi CAD.
I cannot think of a settig tha could be created to do this though.

I am thinking that maybe if you made a fill of diagnal lines, that were white with a transparent background and covered the parts of the roof that you wanted dashed with it, you may come up with a dashed roof line below.
Yes, you can do this. Use a diagonal white hatching as a "Cover Fill", which will show in plan views, but define the roof material with the vectorial hatching you want to see in elevations and sections. Of course, if you need visible hatching in the plan views, too, then this won't work as well.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!