cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes forum

room centers

RandyC
Enthusiast
in the snaps point menu It would be nice if we could get a tick mark showing wall center within a room , or any space that is intersected by another wall
- ie: for placing window in the center of a room.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 25 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
4 REPLIES 4

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'm on 7 at the moment, though I have used 8.

You can already do this. The button next to where you choose the number of divisions which shows a line with a dash at its centre. Click this and choose the last button - which shows a line with 2 intersecting lines and a division line between these.

Does that make sense?

There you can get your division markers relative to the lenght of an object or on an edge between two interesting elements.

I think this is what you are after. Hmm, though I probably could have explain a little better

James.
James Badcock
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager

RandyC
Enthusiast
Wow ! everytime (twice now) I post something there
is an answer already there , I guess I should just
keep quiet.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 25 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
RandyC wrote:
Wow ! everytime (twice now) I post something there
is an answer already there , I guess I should just
keep quiet.
lol

that's ok. no worries.

I'm thinking to post some of my AC wishes, but the list is pretty long.

Just some ideas:

Marquee tool - would be nice if the marquee worked like any other object, ie I can stretch a side, curve an edge and add and subtract. I get around this now by creating a fill or slab and magic wanding.
Would be nice if all tools had a different elevation pen - not just walls.
On fills and zones, would be cool if I could change the transparency level of the fill - ie a solid colour 50% transparent - so I can see things underneith - good from a graphical point of view.
And lastley, something I've always wanted for GDL objects, 2D symbols to act like any other tool, ie so I can snap to edges, find centre points and the ability to select an object on any line - not just designated hotspots.

Cheers,
James.
James Badcock
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager

Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE