Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

rotating objects

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Back in the 80's I used a program called Versacad. It allowed a user to select an object and rotate it on-the-fly. The object would display attached to the cursor and could be rotated by pressing "R". Each "R" would rotate the object 90 degrees (or whatever the user specified). This was especially useful for electrical outlets, switches, etc. Anyone else?

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Stephen wrote:
Back in the 80's I used a program called Versacad. It allowed a user to select an object and rotate it on-the-fly. The object would display attached to the cursor and could be rotated by pressing "R". Each "R" would rotate the object 90 degrees (or whatever the user specified). This was especially useful for electrical outlets, switches, etc. Anyone else?

Steve
Not really. While placing an object, you can choose a method of placing with rotation.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Not really. While placing an object, you can choose a method of placing with rotation.
I think these kinds of wishes should be easily solved with a decent macro langage... users would be able to record small actions like these and apply them back to other objects...

This wish seem to me very interesting : select a placed object press CTRL+ALT+R (whatever) and the objects is automatically rotated by 90°... or CTRL+ARROW and it's displaced by X cm in that direction (function known as "nudge" in other software)...
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Djordje wrote:
True, but I rarely remember the current anchor point or rotation of the object selected. If it displayed while placing it, that would save having to go back and forth to see it's current position.

Steve
Djordje
Ace
Stephen wrote:
Djordje wrote:
True, but I rarely remember the current anchor point or rotation of the object selected. If it displayed while placing it, that would save having to go back and forth to see it's current position.

Steve
It can be, or, precisely, the bounding box. Turn the display while placing for doors, windows and objects on in Preferences.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice for the actual symbol to display while placing/rotating. It seems like the computers ought to be able to handle it these days.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You guys also know that by simply OPT-CLK on a particular hotspot of a symbol in plan will set that hotspot as the INSERTION point. I often do this for OUTLETS just to be sure I'm on the WALL side center.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Matthew wrote:
It would be nice for the actual symbol to display while placing/rotating. It seems like the computers ought to be able to handle it these days.
I'd vote for that one--definitely. I would also like to have the capability of "nudging", mainly for adjusting text blocks and other items where a visual relocation is wanted rather than a dimensional one.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Djordje wrote:
It can be, or, precisely, the bounding box. Turn the display while placing for doors, windows and objects on in Preferences.
HTH,
The bounding box definitely helps. I didn't know about that one.

Thanks,

Steve