BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

save 50% pdf from publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am very disappointed about AC 10 and AC 11, since Plotmaker is included in ArchiCAD. In Plotmaker 9 it was possible to publish (save pdf)A1 layouter in size A3, that means 50%. But that is not possible anymore. I don't understand. This is essential for architects! It is absolutetly possible to change size for Views but not for layouts. I don't need the function for Views just for layouts.

Please, is it possible to get back this fabulous function?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Juliane wrote:
Hello,

I am very disappointed about AC 10 and AC 11, since Plotmaker is included in ArchiCAD. In Plotmaker 9 it was possible to publish (save pdf)A1 layouter in size A3, that means 50%. But that is not possible anymore. I don't understand. This is essential for architects! It is absolutetly possible to change size for Views but not for layouts. I don't need the function for Views just for layouts.

Please, is it possible to get back this fabulous function?
If it could be done in version 9 I'm sure it can still be done in 10 & 11.

But there is really no need to do this.

The PDF is an electronic document that can be viewed on screen so the actual page size is irrelevent.
If you need to print it then you just print with "Fit to printer page" and make sure your printer page is set to A3 or what ever size is necessary.

Or am I miss-understanding what you are trying to do?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree that A3 output can be generated from an A1 PDF easily, but I have been suprised by the file-size of the generated PDF (which is what I thought this topic was about from the title).

I often have to use Adobe Acrobat to reduce file size on ArchiCAD PDF output, especially from a complex layout, and would like more control of the output from source.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i've found to get an A1 reduced to A3 at 50% the master layout has to be 1mm smaller than the real sheet size.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Scott wrote:
i've found to get an A1 reduced to A3 at 50% the master layout has to be 1mm smaller than the real sheet size.
Exactly. An A1 page is 841x594 and an A3 is 420x297. 420/841 = 49.94% which gets rounded to 49% in ArchiCAD.

If you set up your master to be 840x594 instead of 841x594, reducing to A3, the Fit to Page will read 50% exactly.

Cheers,
Link.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Link wrote:
Exactly. An A1 page is 841x594 and an A3 is 420x297. 420/841 = 49.94% which gets rounded to 49% in ArchiCAD.

Link.
Why?
Why doesn't the program round up 49.94 to 50?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Erika wrote:
Why?
Why doesn't the program round up 49.94 to 50?
Not sure mate. The funny thing is that when we print our 840x594 layouts to a 841x594 sheet, it appears as 100% in the Print dialog. I guess 99.88& does round up? Go figure.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!