Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

saving Plotmaker layout file in dwg format

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
Iam working in archiacd 9.0,even in earlier version of archicad 8.0 and 8.1 ,they have disabled to save the layout file in autocad format,I have to work in archicad and get plotted outside since i dont have big plotters,i love plotmaker for its simplcity,but iam very disappointed that with latest version iam not able to save layout file as dwg,i have worked in version 7.0 ,there i belive this option was enabled,please let me know how to save archicad plotmaker file to dwg,give me a solution for this
regard
akhj
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitely not needed as we have the ability to publish individual sheets or the entire layout book as DWG files. Go to File/publish as set up a publisher set and translator. You will find this is much easier that manually saving each sheet.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Millard is 100% correct. This option is not needed when you can publish to DWG instead.

Cheers
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
TomWaltz
Participant
It would be nice to be able to Publish multiple layouts to a single DWG file (multi-layout, I believe it is called).
Tom Waltz
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Tom,
Nice idea, but I'm not sure that an AutoCAD user would like it like that. From experience they like to X-ref in every thing, as they can't work in stories

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
TomWaltz
Participant
Ben

that's what I mean. Look at a current set of AutoCAD documents, that has all plans XREF-ed into one DWG, so they can compose sets of drawings and plot them more easily.
Tom Waltz
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Tom,
Sorry I misunderstood what you meant.

Just to clear things up, do you mean the whole layout book as 1 DWG with all of the view as X-refs or just individual layouts with their respective views as X-refs?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
TomWaltz
Participant
Not necessarily the whole layout book, but at least a whole subset could be one DWG, with mulitple layout tabs, and the contents XREF-ed in.

We've been getting a lot of files from consultants like that. It can be a lot simpler to deal with, and seems to be increasingly more common practice among AutoCAD users.

I would think this could have the Plotting functionality of Single, Selected, or All Layouts.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
Not necessarily the whole layout book, but at least a whole subset could be one DWG, with mulitple layout tabs, and the contents XREF-ed in.
This is in fact the practice my team started using after I showed them PlotMaker and since they have been working on my preliminaries I publish to them.
TomWaltz wrote:
I would think this could have the Plotting functionality of Single, Selected, or All Layouts.
... forgot the Subset ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
... forgot the Subset ...
Well, if "Selected" worked on subsets, that would not be an issue 🙂
Tom Waltz