Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

section elevation CUT the 3D building

Anonymous
Not applicable
can we have tool for cut the 3D like the section elevation

but to cut the 3D model and export them ?
20 REPLIES 20
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just curious - have you tried a Solid Op?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ox

the solid is not the same thing

first you cant cut the windows and doors second you cant KILL the some of sided 3 the cut object stay on the scene and if you move the operator elements you move cutline too

that is not the same i speak for something like Section Elevation CUT you cut and KILL the back and fill wit different material and

if can make that wit free line will be GREAT
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think I understand. This will seem obvious, but have you tried a 3D Cutaway?

Or maybe the 'Use section tool in 3D' option in the Special menu will help you?

Nice renderings BTW. I think they are nearly perfect and I am very envious!:shock:

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
IvanG wrote:
can we have tool for cut the 3D like the section elevation
1. Fat marquee (now in 8.x also concave); don't forget that you can MagicWand a spline to marquee, therefore getting the freehand cut.

2. Use section tool in 3D from Special menu
IvanG wrote:
but to cut the 3D model and export them ?
Whatever is in the 3D window after cutting will be exported, IMHE.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
heh

Yes you can cut in AC ver8 wit a cut command in 3D window but you cut the same type like on 2D window you cut only a elements like walls slabs and mesh and you cut only on vertical the same type if you cut on plane and after that open the 3D Window OK

i not speak for that

i Speak for Free Cut in 3D all one building CUT everything Windows Dors Library parts roofs ETC.........

like that

just one fine example..........

that image is not produced by me but i cut some buildings who i need to cut and the result is .(((((((BAD...... and after that i loose many many time in Rhinoceros3D or in 3DsMAX to cut and remake the building and is absolutely bad if you work wit the building on HI Details who have many custom library parts and elements that is the HELL for me

if you don't need that Wishes OK that say for me you are never need to cut one building on 3D .( that is a one Big Problem if you need to make belive me

i thing for a presentation the ANATOMY of one big project like stadium or train stations wit many levels or other huge type architecture is absolutely obligatory.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ivan,

Not everything is cut in your example, just the walls and cabinets. Furniture and fixtures are untouched.

You can do this in ArchiCAD, but not as a view of the standard model. You will need to create a special model for this rendering.

With only the wall and cabinet layers on, use SEO to subtract a large slab from them the desired 3D of the cut parts. Save this model as a library part and place it on it's own special layer. Then turn on this layer with the furniture and fixtures.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Matthew Lohden.

Not everything is cut in your example, just the walls and cabinets. Furniture and fixtures are untouched.

yes but on that image need absolutely that to cut but if we need some other type of cut i need to cut the table or Furniture.

and I Agree that for i can make that in archiCAD OK. But ???

we need replay on that question WHY WE ARE CHOOSE ArchiCAD ?

I use ArchiCAD for some importantly reason for me

First . we work all in the same moment fast and easy. OK ?

what i mean we work 2D plan drafting on the same moment we build the 3D building and we get automatic section elevations and 3D models.

that is the gnome of the ArchiCAD logic.

what happen on other solution CAD and modeling softwares ?

we make first 2D drafting after that 3D modeling after that again we handmade section elevations. that i mind is sou stupid

Why? Because we make the same work 2-3-4 TIMES

that is the power of archiCAD.
And library parts is one easy way for fast modeling and 2D drafting in the same time.

stay in the same LOGIC i cant understand your answer ....

you say me to make the same work 2-3- or 4 time ?? WHY ?

if i finish the plan drafts and my one 3D model of my one building why i need to remake the modeling for get the CUTS ? yes i can remodeling again but where go my time and why my one clients need to pay 2 time my working time ?

and i mean that command is not to hardly for programing if we can get section elevation automatic why we need to make 2 time the same work if we need to get that section elevation automatic in 3D?

where is the gnome of the ArchiCAD logic NOW ?
Dwight
Newcomer
I accept the nomination for ArchiCAD Gnome of April 2004 [See my centerfold showing wizened wrinkles] by wading into this controversy.

It seems that Ivan's issue is easily addressed with the SEO, taking a block out of the building that cuts everything.

It also seems that if one is to carefully select only building components for the SEO, then furnishings remain unaffected.

Why is there a rant, or am I missing something?
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
IvanG wrote:
i Speak for Free Cut in 3D all one building CUT everything Windows Dors Library parts roofs ETC.........
Use the SEO.

Hide the layers of the objects you do not want to cut.

Make the object to be subtracted with slabs or whatever VOLUMETRIC shape suits you. Use mesh, object that you defined by SEOing ...

Cut. Show the uncut layers.

Done.

As I said many times - the software does nothing, people do.

Great work, keep on!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen