Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

section elevation CUT the 3D building

Anonymous
Not applicable
can we have tool for cut the 3D like the section elevation

but to cut the 3D model and export them ?
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok i am a stup

what is the SEO

and what is the VOLUMETRIC shape ?

sorry but i don't know that tools
Dwight
Newcomer
Solid Element Operation is described in the manual - Chapter 5:

A layer is established as a SEO layer by clicking the little orthographic symbol in the layer dialog - this turns elements in that layer into "operators" to cut "Target" elelemnts in other layers.

Locate the SEO dialog under the Edit Menu.

In principle, you make a slab sufficient to cut the block out of the structure and it does what you need.

So ranting is not necessary.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje & Dwight,

Boy am I feeling old. You are right of course that SEO does it all by itself now. Funny that, even though I thought of using SEO, I still fell back to the old save as object trick. I think I need more sleep.

Ivan,

SEO = Solid Element Operations. Look it up in the manual or help files. Please don't let a lack of understanding turn into a diatribe. We all know that computers are supremely frustrating when we don't know how to get them to do what we want, but a softer tone is more likely to elicit a helpful response.
Dwight
Newcomer
But I did appreciate the concept of "stup."

We used to use that word in the old days, even before computers. Ususally it was in reference to behavior with an appealing girl.

"Geez, was I a 'stup' on Saturday night."

Wow. Almost 200 posts.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK SEO not have in my current version 7 Ok

nice i need to upgrade HUH .(
but i trie on 8 in the my friend version Solid Operation

but i can't get cutting windows and dors why? i not make something or ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall SEO didn't work on doors & windows in AC8. I think they do in 8.1, but I can't remember if I've tried it or not.
Dwight
Newcomer
Dang.

Using Trim to Roof, the window frame doesn't cut.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
all or nothing.
all or not.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that not work .(

but is no bad to cut the Library

for that intro Ver.7 i not have nothing

ok on 8 have Solids but i steal mean that is not compleat solution

why not make just a FREE LINE cute just a question WHY ?

we be SUPER easy and be in the logic in ArchiCAD easy and FAST
Dwight
Newcomer
Link has already identified the "free line cut" method you ask for - as close as it can be in ArchiCAD:

to use the Section line tool in 3D via the special menu - but this doesn't allow vertical definitions like the SEO knockout method we have just discussed - ooops. it does....

You can also define your visualization area with a complex marquee, selecting only the storey you want to visualize.... and preserving the marquee path by using an outline on a special layer....

each of these are only one or two steps...... but feel free to add your request to the official wishlist. If you were to upgrade to Version 8.1, I am certain that you would find these alternatives adequate.
Dwight Atkinson