BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

shadows on adjoining properties elevation

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor
It would be great to be able to have shadow casted onto elevation of object taking into account object behind the section line. Council's here require shadow diagrams showing elevation of adjoining property and shadow casted by our proposal onto it.
23 REPLIES 23
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are using AC23, I think I saw somewhere that they changed this interaction behaviour...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Edward AUS
Participant

with now Archicad 25 HAVE THEY RESOLVED THE NEED FOR ELEVATIONAL SHADOWS FROM ADJOINING RESIDENCES.  I work in areas where the residences are close together and they are loaded with CASH> any slight overshadowing on there windows and it's either RFI or Council objection! Super time consuming and it's annoying!

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

Just looking at my post about shadows of adjoining properties on elevations. In 4 days it will mark 20 years since I have posted it originally. As stated before it's one of those tedious time wasting jobs that could have been resolved by simple addition of section option that could have included things from behind the line that would cast shadows over. I just think in this time and age and as we all know data is available this could be achieved with some smart programming. For that matter for all of my colleagues another recurring request now is showing the shadow cast on in each storey floor plans that take into account what is above it so that our planners can figure out if we are providing enough solar access. That seems to be another easy solution. Maybe its only in Australia that we are burdened with these requests from authorities so this is not high on agenda so nobody had a look at it for 20 years.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This wish is now included in the Roadmap, in the Idea Pool category:

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/project-shadow-from-uncut-model

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!