Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

shell tool in AC 16,17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all
first I think shell is too great tool and it has a lot of good thing which never been in another program (Revit , Rino and 3D max) like: easy to great , modify ,real time modify, connect , countor but it has a lot of weak
1-Shell has not any detail (exception hole and sky light) you can't detail anything you can't draw any part on it and this pics (from AC help) are like a toy not an architectural building .
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
2- The sky light has only regularity shape (have not command like - wall hole) and have not component like door ,window or curtain wall I don't know why but I think it is so necessary .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=37382
Anonymous
Not applicable
3- If you need to draw twist tower ( like in AC 15 help ) you can model it easily and funny but you can't do anything with it just play with it why: because shell tool can't receives door or windows and sky light is limit (image 3p from revit)
Anonymous
Not applicable
4- When you cut shell it has bad smooth .
Anonymous
Not applicable
5-You can't merge tow shell without edge pic 5B.
Anonymous
Not applicable
6-If you have a lot of holes you should use every time (great hole in shell) and use different plan and you can't copy the hole or array the hole because you array the object which make the hole not the hole that mean unequal holes and you can't use sky light for some shapes .
Anonymous
Not applicable
7- I think the shell tool is so late not for archicad version or another software (rino, revit )but also for architectural history look to Graphisoft home page the example in (1959-1967) ???? so bad example for new tools in 2011
Anonymous
Not applicable
8-I think to solve of that and to get so power modeling tools :
1-skylight has like (wallhole) and full parameters.
2- shell can receive doors and windows,
3-curve beams with pick surface
4-to get anything like 8b - 8a shell have to has (convert to curtain wall) with that you can draw complex curtain wall and curtain wall must has irregularity shape with it and (custom curtain wall panels) like 8d- you can model like bic 8c whish made in revit in 5 minutes
finally I have not compare revit and AC and I test revit for 4 months and I think AC shell with (all that notes) is so better than rivet mass.
thank for reading.
Anonymous
Not applicable
agree totally with you
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can only agree with you. Indeed what AC lacks at the moment is the tool to build freeform spatial structures.