Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

small wish - Align objects/fills etc to one edge

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
This for me is so basic I cant believe it is not in Archicad now. I think maybe it is from the evil empire but I would still love to have it
To be able to align a number of objects/fills/lines etc to one edge. ie top/bot/left/right/centre or align the items to a line/arc/spline
This would also be very handy to have in plotmaker when trying to line up drawings/text/titles etc
Please everyone vote as I would hate to have to wait until 10 for this to be included.

Cheers

Ben C
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
8 REPLIES 8
Aussie John
Newcomer
I voted average since there is an addon that does the job, but i would vote essential for plotmaker.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Essential in my book in both AC and PM (don't know why they are different any way). It would take the tedium out of aligning notes and labels on my drawings amongst many other things.

Roolio
Anonymous
Not applicable
PowerCadd has a command like this one that would be useful in Plotmaker to align a group of imported drawings on a sheet. There was a way to either distribute a group of objects along a line or distribute in a rectangular grid. PowerCadd was our first cad program and Graphisoft should look at their 2d drawing interface. It was simple with lots of power. Also not very expensive. I'm sure our office would be still using it if not for the need for 3D.
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Aussie John said

I voted average since there is an addon that does the job, but i would vote essential for plotmaker.
I have now received the add-on and can say that I like it. It is free so naturally I like it.... but of all the archicad's out there how many do you think have this add-on installed? Bugger all. It should be part of the software in the first place, not be just for Archicad junkies like ourselves. Plus, GS would be able to implement it perfectly

And yes, essential for plotmaker

cheers

BC
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
Young Ben,

where can us "Bugger all" find this free add-on. what is the web address for downloading?
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
mmmmm seek and find it you will yessss

(or if you can't find it I will post the site once I get over 30 votes posted)

(laugh like doctor evil)
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
dark is the force in this one.

if your talking about the align tool from The orbit accessories add-on for archicad I have been using this since v7.
do you also have the upper/lower case add-on as well?
orbit have produced some great/handy add-ons.

brendon
Anonymous
Not applicable
test