Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

this is revolution

abdelaziz
Expert
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
7 REPLIES 7
Wokka
Contributor
I was really tempted to say it's not important so we aussies can keep it just for ourselves.. Just to annoy you guys in the Northern Hemisphere,,
But a true window/door tool like this has always been important for ArchiCad, and I thinks it's been one of Graphisofts biggest mistakes, forcing users to use either Cadimage, other systems, or making our own objects,
The part is still in testing apparently, so we are waiting for release.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
alemanda
Advocate
I voted essential because this window/door object is very easy to use with a lot of possibilities... but on the other hand I think that the designers need (90% of cases I think) real life windows/doors/cw objects. I mean that we need the objects as they are produced by the manufacturer.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I voted essential, too. I like Cadimage tools, but they are expensive. Windows/doors like these should come out of the box from Graphisoft.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the US we struggle significantly with the US version of Windows and Doors because they just don't allow us to deal with the realities of window and door construction sections including things like proper sills, headers and jambs. not everything is a brick sill and not all sills are timber....we need far more geometric and material flexibility so that we can emulate real-world manufacturer's products with proper jamb, header and sill conditions). A lot of manufacturers produce comprehensive and accurate Revit objects, PDFs or DXF files for their window and door details----but NOT for ArchiCAD......so as ArchiCAD users we have significant work flow processes to deal with in order to accurately model manufacturer's products (Anderson vs Milgard, vs Marvin, vs Pella vs Jeld-Wen and all of the permutations and combinations that exist).

So...why can't we get the fabulous Australian Windows and Doors tool included as part of the package we buy - not as an add-on and not as another add-on fee to pay a third party??

Can anyone at Graphisoft explain why this great advancement isn't already included in ALL releases of ArchiCAD??
LiHigh
Newcomer
http://graphisoft.com.au/windows-and-door-tools/

Look promising.......
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wokka wrote:
I was really tempted to say it's not important so we aussies can keep it just for ourselves.. Just to annoy you guys in the Northern Hemisphere,,
But a true window/door tool like this has always been important for ArchiCad, and I thinks it's been one of Graphisofts biggest mistakes, forcing users to use either Cadimage, other systems, or making our own objects,
The part is still in testing apparently, so we are waiting for release.

Yeh mate I love it...can't wait for the ArchiCad 19 version to be released...!

I'll vote for it, but only because I feel sorry for the Northern Hemispherians !!
DGSketcher
Legend
Like it. Looks like something that should be in "the box".

Hope GSUK are reading this thread...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)