Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

triple sliding window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to figure out how to adjust the width of each of the windows in a triple sliding window.
The real world triple sliding windows have the center fixed panel that is twice as wide as each of the two side panels which are operable.
The window manufacturers make these window like this so that when the two side panels are in the open position there is maximum venting.
I cannot find the setting in this window so I can adjust the width of the individual panels.
The triple casement window does have the option to adjust the width of the windows. The floor plan symbol for the casement window is different from the floor plan symbol for the triple sliding window.
How can I adjust the width of the individual panels in the triple sliding window?
Thank you,
John
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is the floor plan symbol for the triple casement window with the center panel adjusted so it is twice as wide as the side panels.
triple casement window.PNG
Erika Epstein
Booster
John,
Are you still on 11?
None-the-less, checking the 18 window, it still will not work the way you want, and it should.

In 18 you can set the widths or the two end window, but it only allows one end to slide. Not also that the preview window,and a placed window, do not show correct sizing.

If you are still on 11, I'll enter the bug for 18. Let me know.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Erika,
Thank you for looking into this problem.

Yes, I am still on v11. It is hard to pay thousands of more dollars on top of the thousands already paid when the parts are still not working.
If Graphisoft fixed problems as they came up it would be easier to subscribe to the software. I mean really have a policy of responsive repair and communication when parts or features don't work.
Obviously, the software has gotten much better. Unfortunately in any given version of the software there have always been parts and features that don't work as intended. I feel that there has been poor communication and poor response from Graphisoft when they are alerted to those problems. If Graphisoft fixed those problems as they came up instead of putting it on the list to fix in a future version it would be easier for us consumers to feel good about paying for upgrading the software.
Think if you bought a car that had a window that didn't work and the dealer told you that if you bought a newer model that problem would be fixed.
Graphisoft's quick responsiveness and attention to features that are not working would help me (and probably many other customers) feel better about paying for upgrades.
This broken library part is an opportunity for Graphisoft to show that things have improved. You have alerted them that the part is not working. I hope that they quickly post that they have repaired the problem and have a fix ready to go.
that would make me feel better about Graphisoft's responsiveness and customer care.
Thank you for your help.
Happy New Year
Aloha,
John
Erika Epstein
Booster
John,
I respect your decision. That said, there is a lot more to the upgrades than just a bad library part. The improvements in each iteration of Archicad have paid for themselves in time saved not to mention all the new features.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Erika,
Thank you for your message.
I look forward to seeing how quickly Graphisoft will/can fix this broken library part.
I am sure that there are many users who have paid for a fully functional version of ArchiCAD 18 who would be able to use this part if it was functioning properly.
I hope that the developers or the forum monitors keep us posted in case they fix it.
Aloha,
John
ares997
Contributor
Did the settings for the Slider3 W19 change. I can't seem to adjust the panel widths individually. I want to change the ends to be 2.5' but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Any ideas?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm that you cannot change the widths of the 2 slider windows on each side of the fixed on version 18. I needed to do this today and was shocked to discover it's not possible.