BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

turn on multi-layer combinations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish that it is possible to turn on multi-layer combinations on a view, for example: that I could choose that I want this layer combination (x2) on and this layer combination (x5) on and also this layer combination (X12) on.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand what the x2, x5 and x12 mean.

I also don't see how multiple layer combos is even possible. if one calls for a layer to be unlocked and visible and another calls for it to be locked and hidden what happens?

Even if this could be sorted out it seems way too complicated to keep track of and I don't see any advantages.
Barry Kelly
Just create a new (16x - 16th) layer combination that turns on or off what you want.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me see if I can explain a little better.
I know you can just make a new layer combination, but if you could choose several combinations to be switched on, so that the layer that is turned on in this combinations are turned on over all.
Example, if you has an IFC file (or many) with different layers I could make a combination for that IFC fil, it would be brilliant if I could turn on the whole of this combination, together with any other combination.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the IFC file is linked you can turn it on and off with the master layer assigned to the link. This is what I do. I have layers named, for example:
! LINK STRUCT
! LINK MDUCT
! LINK MPIPE
...and so on
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
If the IFC file is linked you can turn it on and off with the master layer assigned to the link. This is what I do. I have layers named, for example:
! LINK STRUCT
! LINK MDUCT
! LINK MPIPE
...and so on
Do you use hotlink for IFC ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Schaldemann wrote:
Matthew wrote:
! LINK STRUCT
! LINK MDUCT
! LINK MPIPE
...and so on
Do you use hotlink for IFC ?
I wish.

I open the IFC in a separate session and save as a PLN which I then link to the main project file. It is possible to update the IFC when it changes and it seems to work fine but I haven't used it enough to have a firm opinion.

FWIW: The process is pretty much the same in Revit.
Learn and get certified!