BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

universal display of selected objects in drawing windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love for AC to be able to show an object I selected in the elevation widow to appear selected in the plan window as well. Same should go for working in the 3d window - an object selected should show up as selected in the plan and elevation windows that are open as well.

Some objects are just more easily selected in a different view...

This is a standard operating procedure in FormZ - the other modelling program I work with. I can imagine this may be difficult for AC to do since the objects that appear in the 3d window are in part determined by what is selected.

Any thoughts?

Wes
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Weston wrote:
I would love for AC to be able to show an object I selected in the elevation widow to appear selected in the plan window as well. Same should go for working in the 3d window - an object selected should show up as selected in the plan and elevation windows that are open as well.

I completely agree. It was one of the first things I found in AC that made me . I made the wish a year or so ago. I'm glad you're bringing it up again with a poll question.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weston wrote:
A new context menu should be added like the one available for section line : go to the story containing the object, show the layer if needed (if it's shown in 3D, the layer is already on) and zoom on it !
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I agree as well. It would mean changing the current behavior of selected objects being isolated when switching to 3D. This would be OK by me as I've never gotten used to this and am forever forgetting to deselect everything before switching. But of course that behavior can be very useful, so I wouldn't want to lose it. My preference would simply be a new command or context menu choice. 3D or 3D Selected. A preference setting would be too inflexible.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Learn and get certified!