BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

wall cover fill

soldaotop
Booster

When we will finally have the possibility to have a cover fill option for uncut walls ?!?

9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Are you talking about Floor Plan representation?

So, for example, there is a slanted Wall and you want cover fill on the projected Portion below the Floor Plan Cut Plane?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
soldaotop
Booster

Yes I'm talking about Floor Plan representation. The thing is that for the purpose of the presentation I would like to have my walls covered with fill (solid or pattern doesn't matter). 

That walls are being of 1m height, so therefore they are not cut. I don't find any option of coloring them, besides drawing an extra fill over the wall which is rather unhandy

Capture.JPG

filip_0-1643382610101.png

Thanks!

That will do for sure.

(Though it would be much easier to have that option regardless graphic overrides, like other elements have that option)

Strawbale23
Expert

I would like to be able to do "sections" of plans, using the AC25 section options. 

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Strawbale,

If you have another wish, please start a new thread, let us keep threads nicely organized so one thread is about one wish.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Is there any way to apply the graphic override only for walls that are not cut in floor plan? For example, I have set up an override style with the desired fill type, however there are several walls in the floor plan, some of which are cut and some of which are not. 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

You can create two GO RULES, one for cut walls & the other for uncut walls.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
DGSketcher
Legend

I would like to take this wish a bit deeper and suggest that while GO's provide a basic solution, they don't respect the various materials in composite & complex walls.

There needs to be a better way to add cover fills to walls so that they display the relevant exposed skins with a choice of cut, surface or custom fill.

I have just been challenged by this very problem on a sloping site where the complexity of slicing the model to display the different skins & materials was impractical. The solution - convert all affected walls to individual Morphs representing the separate skins. 🙄 At least there is now some consistency of presentation & BIM data retention in my drawing, but this solution has taken w_a_y longer than it needed to. Cover fills to walls is another of those long standing wishes that really should have been resolved by now.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!