BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

wall seen on next storey up or down

Aussie John
Newcomer
I set my projects up so the ceiling plan is on the next storey (less layers required and easy to jump from floor to ceiling plan)
Showing the walls is the obvious problem with this arrangement , so I create library part of the walls (Copy the 2d full view- paste into symbol ( now is editable) then delete the 2 and 3d part of the scripts). Effective but tedious. and douesnt automatically update

NOW.... if the walls were able to be seen on the adjacent storeys things would be simple.

While on this topic Please change the next storey settings back to check boxes rather than a pull down menu. As a Graphic interface it is MUCH harder to see at a glance text in a pull down menu.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
8 REPLIES 8
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
John,
this is one of the key parts of my overarching wish, "Standard settings for all ArchiCAD tools". Please check out my poll of the same name in this section.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Aussie John
Newcomer
Geoff wrote:
John,
this is one of the key parts of my overarching wish, "Standard settings for all ArchiCAD tools". Please check out my poll of the same name in this section.
Ah yes - didn't see the poll- I have voted now
Cheers John
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Aussie wrote:
I set my projects up so the ceiling plan is on the next storey (less layers required and easy to jump from floor to ceiling plan)
IMHO not a good decision; stories should contain what is on them. A good combo of Display options (can be named and saved in 8.1) and layers define a Reflected ceiling view. MUCH better than a separate storey.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:
Aussie wrote:
IMHO not a good decision; stories should contain what is on them.
Actually the system works well. Also often there are walls and windows at high level and they can be shown on this storey too.

This storey would have no elevation relative to the associated floor plan.

You also need to remember I've neen using Archicad since version 3 and that never had layer combinations, so the less number of layers the better.
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
...I've neen using Archicad since version 3 and that never had layer combinations
Wow Remember a post of Mark, I think : he pretended he had found the 5 layer name sufficient to make all possible projects (maybe even less, we'll never know).

How many layers do you have ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish that we would have the ability to graphically cut the floor plan where it would be best. Just like we are able to do on vertical planes.

MG
Elevation.jpg
Djordje
Ace
outpostarc wrote:
I wish that we would have the ability to graphically cut the floor plan where it would be best. Just like we are able to do on vertical planes.
Your exact wish is probably to have it live?

Because, as you know, you can do exactly what you sketched with the 3D cutting planes, and copy from 3D view/paste on plan ... or, to be really horrible, you can use the SEO to slice off whatever you don't want and again copy and paste the resulting lines/fills.

Good for presentation work.

Too late in the evening,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I would wish for it to be live. To be able for the model to graphically cut where the floor plan ht. is. (5 Ft. say) Things that are not in cut are not shown on the plan and the things that are would be shown the same as they are now. Anyway just a wish.
Learn and get certified!