BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

window mullion issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been struggling with the fact that every time I make a minor change to a window with a custom sash (changes such as material, trim type & dims, or r.o. & ganging) it completely f's my custom sash layout causing me to take minutes per window to re-organize the sash. I adressed the issue with graphisoft technical support and eventually squeaked this reply out of them:

"I checked with our developers regarding this issue and it seems that this isn't considered a bug, but rather a feature request, by our developers it will most likely address this in a future version of the software. I was also told that if other clients report the issue (as of right now not many clients have) then the request could be implemented in a hot fix. But as of right now, there is no concrete date on when this maybe resolved. I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with better news."

If you have been struggling with this issue, or simply are tired of all the bugs that aren't actually bugs please complain. I really need this fixed, pointless re-fixes to a BIM model eats into productivity and project budgets every time.

I also want to thank Graphisofts patience and help through their technical support line, but this is in fact a bug. forced reworking of window grids is NOT a "feature".

thanks,
Patrick
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Can you post a screenshot/example of what you're talking about, Patrick?

I don't see how changing anything has any affect on custom sashes or custom door panels... so need more detail to be able to vote.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!