Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

window opening lines

Dave Brach
Advocate
It would be great to have window opening lines show in BIMx model, so building owners could review and approve window operation/swign types as they move through the model.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
Dave,
Don't forget to vote for your own wish.

So long as we have the option to turn them on/off.
I guess we could control them in the Archicad model before saving as BIMx, but it would be nice if we could control them in BIMx.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I would much rather see separate MVO setting for opening angles in the 3D perspective / axonometric visualisation model and one for sections & elevations. I would personally prefer to avoid using opening lines in the BIMx environment.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
DGSketcher wrote:
I would much rather see separate MVO setting for opening angles in the 3D perspective / axonometric visualisation model and one for sections & elevations.

You can do this now.
Create one MVO combination with the windows open and another with the windows closed.
Save the 3D view with one MVO combination (open) and the section/elevation views with the other (closed).

This way you can also save another 3D view with the windows closed and if you want more section/elevation views with the windows open.

I believe you can even have multiple 3D models in a BIMx file - if not you can create 2 BIMx files.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend
Barry wrote:
You can do this now.
Create one MVO combination with the windows open and another with the windows closed.
Save the 3D view with one MVO combination (open) and the section/elevation views with the other (closed).
Are you sure Barry? I don't see an opening angle setting in my MVO options for doors and windows using the AC23 standard library.

Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Dave Brach
Advocate
this discussion made me realize that like an idiot I had not even thought of just opening the windows before I publish bimx. I was really just looking for a way for the client to verify each and every window swing and operation type (seems like we ALWAYS make a mistake with one of the windows)
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Stress Co_
Advisor
Dave wrote:
this discussion made me realize that like an idiot I had not even thought of just opening the windows before I publish bimx.
I'd welcome the option.
Opening/closing windows for the Bimx file, then closing them all so that 2D elevations read correctly seems burdensome .
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Barry Kelly
DGSketcher wrote:
Barry wrote:
You can do this now.
Are you sure Barry? I don't see an opening angle setting in my MVO options for doors and windows using the AC23 standard library.

Trevor

Sorry, long day yesterday.
I was thinking of the displaying of the opening lines, not the actual percentage the window is open.
The actual % opening is controlled in the window object settings.
It could be made into and MVO setting if need be or the objects can be scripted to have separate opening values in plan, elevation and 3D.
I think most may have the option for different openings in plan and 3D, but I don't think they distinguish between 3D and elevation.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for clarifying Barry. I was thinking I had missed a buried feature somewhere. Fully understand the "long day" thing, these are strange times.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll and for expressing your opinions!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12778). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT