Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2d wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like the option for objects, need an option for walls to turn off 3d. I can think of a number of reasons for this but one is foundation plans. You don't want 3d, you don't want to mess around with fill. When the size changes, it is just one click. If it is fill, or lines it takes a lot more time.
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will not ask why you want to do this or say that your should model your walls and whole Project, for that matter.

The closest thing you can do to achieve this is to select the Wall and use the Explode command. The 3D of the Wall will be gone, and its 2D symbol will be exploded into Lines and Fills.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
If you are not modelling the 3D, then just use the walls in plan anyway and don't worry about the height.
Or set them all as zero height walls.
Then you will still have all the benefits of trimming and stretching in plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry- I would, but, setting a wall to 0 still is visible in model and still messes with other wall intersections, I do not do everything in 2d. I do everything hybrid. I don't want 2d items such as footings to show on 3d and I don't like to spend time modeling everything. Draw in 2d and it is guaranteed to be in that place only. Model in 3d and is guaranteed you have to go hunting for what was screwed up by what you did.
Eduardo Rolon
If you don't want them to intersect or interact with other objects then you change the Intersection Number for the layer those walls reside in.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know all the workarounds, this is a wish list because we are after less.
Eduardo Rolon
frankyvero wrote:
I know all the workarounds, this is a wish list because we are after less.
Very well but I am not part of the "We needing less" so I don't consider it as something "needed".
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should have been rephrased that, because what someone might consider a workaround others would consider it there standard workflow. So I guess I am wrong on needing less workarounds, maybe just less that don't make sense to ME
Eduardo Rolon
And rephrasing the rephrase the correct procedure for avoiding items interacting with others is to have them in Layers with different priority numbers. Which means that this is not a work around.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
True. Until you change layer sets. Then you start the wheels turning, just for a simple task. Who's on first, what's on 2nd.